SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Full pdf version of Ted's Resume
Portfolio of Ted's work including The ROC
|Contact Center Operations ~ Customer Care ~ Sales Management|
Senior Operations Executive with a demonstrated history of improving both profitability and customer experience for 85 contact centers processing over 350 million calls annually. Highly analytical, innovative, and organized with a history of developing effective service strategies for overcoming business challenges. Visionary leadership which transforms strategy into tactical execution, supported by measurable results.
Additional expertise in:
|· Contact Care Strategy||· Operations Management||· Technology Management|
|· Contact Center Optimization||· Performance Management||· Budgets and Cost Control|
|· Business Analysis and Models||· Continuous Process Improvement||· Workforce Management|
Vice President – Global Customer Solutions
|2013 – Present||Atlanta & Bridgewater, NJ (Global)|
- Led the optimization of contact centers by developing and advancing standards in the areas of workforce management, reporting & analytics, risk management, quality, learning & development, sourcing, and technology platform management.
- Expanded the US framework of operational standards to Japan, Mexico, and MetLife’s mid-market countries, advancing the maturity level of international contact center operations.
- Developed and deployed strategic reinvestments of $18 million to re-engineer customer service operations in the areas of workforce management, business intelligence, performance management, and telephony technology for MetLife’s Call Center Operations.
- Secured a $1.8 million investment to transform workforce management into a “Resource Optimization Center” (ROC). Investment generated over $2.3 million in hard savings over five years (13.8% IRR) and will recognize an additional $3.15 million in headcount avoidance while improving customer experience.
- Secured a $4.4 million investment to transform call center reporting into business intelligence and deliver reduced operating expenses of $7.97 million over five years (11.4% IRR).
- Leveraged contact center automation platforms to dramatically increase the efficiency of the contact centers while significantly reduce manual tasks, improving both agent engagement and customer experience.
- Brought full transparency to the customer service organization by designing, deploying and managing a ROC Command Center. Center provides real-time health of operations visibility, supports maximizing workforce management efficiencies and reduces mean time to repair when managing incidents.
- Led multiple technology initiatives to ensure investments in MetLife’s telephony platform were optimally utilized. Efforts span ten speech IVRs, 18 touch-tone IVRs, the deployment of Avaya Callback Assist, and the re-engineering of the telephony ACDs to maximize skill-based routing.
Vice President – National Contact Center Operations
|2007 – 2012||Atlanta & Philadelphia (National)|
- Targeted strategic reductions of a $1.8B budget in areas of workforce management, 3rd party vendor management, desktop technology, call routing and IVR platforms for Comcast Contact Center Operations.
- Reduced costs by $20 million annually consolidating national IVR platform, maximizing self-service utilization.
- Reduced 3rd party vendor expense by $15 million leveraging IP agent, pooled agents and self-invoicing.
- Improved staffing efficiencies by over 5% across a national scope of responsibility; 70 internal contact centers, eight outsourced partners and 28,000 customer service agents.
- Brought full transparency to customer service organization by deploying and managing 4 World-Class Command Centers staffed with 290 WFM professionals.
- Implemented standards, tools and governance to maintain performance visibility of contact centers processing over 300 million calls annually.
- Established strategic roadmap for recognizing an additional $50 million savings through consolidated enterprise workforce and virtualized call sharing.
- Designed and implemented the Southern Division Resource Optimization Center (ROC) to drive efficiency and maximize Customer Care resources for 20 contact centers and three outsourced partners.
- Reduced costs by $14 million annually through improved forecasting, call routing, workforce utilization, 3rd party allocation and oversight, and dynamic resource management.
- Established a World Class Forecasting Model based on a common functional integration, approach, system design, and performance management model.
- Reduced costs by $10 million annually by migrating 20 Dialogic IVRs to a single unified platform.
- Reduced costs by $6 million through 10 second AHT reduction on call set-up.
- Maximized call sharing efficiencies between centers by designing advanced call routing schemes.
- Increased staffing efficiencies 30% by implementing a WFM software solution
- Developed Cognos customer care metrics reporting for performance KPIs across Southern Division
- Selected VOC vendor and deployed successful standardized survey program across 6000 customer account executives. Mindshare VOC adopted as Comcast standard.
Vice President – Customer Service and Contact Center Operations
|2003 – April 2007||Delray Beach, FL (National)|
- Played a key role in four acquisitions with responsibility for consolidating and integrating both offshore and onshore Contact Centers that involved:
- Conducting due diligence on contractual obligations for service departments prior to acquisition.
- Analyzing departments to determine areas for cost saving and process improvement.
- Developing strategic steps to ensure smooth and successful integration.
- Reduced live representative call volumes 40% by proposing, designing, and developing enhanced IVR flows and functionality for service and repair operations.
- Spearheaded redesign of the Network Operations Center (NOC) to enhance customer communications and decrease repair turnaround time.
- Improved performance management by defining key metrics and implementing a web-based dashboard to monitor customer service, repair, sales, network, and quality assurance programs.
- Ensured continuity of operations by leading a company-wide initiative to develop a hurricane preparation and disaster recovery plan.
Genuity / GTE-Internetworking
Director – Wholesale Sales
|1998 – 2003||Milwaukee & Boston (International)|
- Surpassed expectations and delivered $45 million in revenue for 2001 in by expertly managing inside sales.
- Enhanced monitoring and evaluation of program objectives and personnel performance by creating a metrics system for measuring calls, quotes, and closing deals.
- Expanded the wholesale offer to the Telecom Sales channel, developing all support systems and training.
- Contributed significantly to roll out of the wholesale access product to the Verizon Service Provider channel.
- Earned a President’s Club Award for achieving the highest ratio of sales to operating costs.