- 1 METLIFE, Bridgewater, NJ 2013 – Present
- 2 COMCAST CABLE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 2007 – 2012
- 3 CLEARTEL COMMUNICATIONS, Delray Beach, Florida 2003 – 2007
- 4 GENUITY / GTE-INTERNETWORKING, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1998 – 2003
- 5 DATA PLUS, Manitowoc, Wisconsin 1993 – 1996
- 6 HEISER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1987 – 1993
METLIFE, Bridgewater, NJ 2013 – Present
MetLife is among the largest global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs, with 90 million customers in over 60 countries. The firm was founded on March 24, 1868.
Vice President – Customer Solutions Center, Enabling Operations, 2013 – Present
- Responsible for strategic design and implementation of initiatives to optimize MetLife's contact center operations. Focus areas include redesign of workforce management, reporting and technology supporting operations, including desktop, call routing and IVR platforms.
- Proposed and secured funding to deploy ROC model deployed at Comcast within MetLife to optimize contact center operations.
- Proposed and secured funding for Data Aggregation and Reporting investment to deploy Congos and NICE Performance Management to establish an automated business intelligence platform.
COMCAST CABLE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 2007 – 2012
The country’s largest provider of cable services and one of the world’s leading communications companies. Comcast delivers video, voice and data services nationally to residential and business customers.
Vice President – National Contact Center Operations, 2010 – 2012
- Responsible for strategic design and implementation of initiatives to optimize Comcast’s contact center operations in the areas of workforce management, 3rd party vendor performance management, and technology supporting operations, including desktop, call routing and IVR platforms.
- National scope of responsibility; 70 internal contact centers, 8 outsourced partners, 28,000 Customer Account Executives and a budget of 1.8B dollars.
- Strategic oversight day to day operations of 1 National and 4 Division Resource Optimization Centers (ROCs).
- Developed strategic roadmap and target operating model for consolidated contact center operations, virtualized call sharing, and third party optimization leveraging IP agent.
- Consolidated IVR strategy to enable global call routing, maximize self-service utilization. Lead National IVR platform champion challenger analysis and IVR Steering Committee.
- Championed advanced ad-hoc enterprise analytics leveraging Tableau Software.
- Designed ROC real-time reporting dashboards; Enterprise service level reporting integrating call details and WFM data streams with NOC outages and uIVR message management.
- Established and administered a MediaWiki site to document WFM practices and foster collaboration; 300 Workforce Management team members contributing over 2,700 content pages, with 750,000 page views.
Senior Director – Strategic Contact Center Operations, 2008 – 2010
- Designed and implemented the Southern Division Resource Optimization Center (ROC) to drive efficiency and maximize Customer Care resources for 20 contact centers and 3 outsourced partners. Significant cost savings recognized through improved forecasting, call routing, workforce utilization, 3rd party allocation and oversight, and dynamic resource management
- Established a World Class Forecasting Model based on a common functional integration, approach, system design and performance management model
- Maximize call sharing efficiencies between centers by designing advanced call routing schemes.
- Delivered guidance and support for establishing forecast standardization and 3rd party consolidation.
- Identified problematic WFM software roll-out, correction and guidance for successful implementation, training and the adoption of WFM best practices.
- Developed uIVR Message management standards and process flow for improved customer experience
- Supported adoption of migration from Dialogic to uIVR Platform
- Conducted analysis of uIVR performance with BBN Avoke Browser to uncover and quantify failures with bill data presented to customers
- Designed reporting requirements for CognosNow deployment for monitoring Avaya and uIVR real-time data
- Established ROC Crisis Management M&Ps for improved response, coordination and communication during disaster situations. Improved employee notification model leveraging single 800# and teamcomcast site.
- Developed ROC incident management process leveraging Ishikawa diagrams for identify potential factors causing an overall effect and delivery consistent cause-effect conclusions.
Director – Strategic Contact Center Operations, 2007 – 2008
- Developed Southern Division Executive Monthly Dashboard integrating financial, quality and call metrics into a comprehensive performance report.
- Developed Cognos customer care metrics reporting for performance KPIs across Southern Division
- Established first-call resolution metrics reporting with outlier focus for continuous improvement
- Conducted South Florida Regional performance analysis with 8-part recommendation report
- Hired project manager to execute assist in execution of South Florida performance recommendation; lowered contact rate, improved service level and introduced VOC trials
- Selected VOC vendor and deployed successful standardized survey program across 6000 customer account executives. Mindshare VOC adopted as Comcast standard.
CLEARTEL COMMUNICATIONS, Delray Beach, Florida 2003 – 2007
A Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC) and wholly owned subsidiary of MCG Capital Corporation that provides voice and data services nationally to residential and business customers.
Vice President – Customer Service and Contact Center Operations, 2005 – 2007
- Oversee all operations for two Contact Centers, a Network Operations Center, and a Billing Department.
- Develop effective strategies for delivering exceptional support to customers while controlling costs.
- Guide over 270 employees that fill a variety of positions related to customer service, repair, technical support, administration, and accounting.
- Maximize efficiencies between Contact Centers by designing and managing call routing schemes.
- Establish departmental objectives and coordinate with managers and supervisors to foster cohesive efforts toward common goals.
- Collaborate closely with work force management team members to ensure appropriate staffing and reporting.
- Hold full accountability for financial performance, preparing comprehensive budgets and monitoring cost to ensure goals are consistently achieved.
- Perform in depth assessments of Contact Centering staffing and efficiency using Erlang-C and other modeling tools to define trends and drive continuous improvement.
- Lead weekly operational reviews to identify Key Performance Indicator (KPI) variances and root causes.
- Extrapolate, analyze, and track performance related to Contact Center management, billing, trouble ticketing, service levels, ASA, AHT, abandon rates, and traffic routing.
- Interact with external customers and other departments to compile feedback and gain insight used to better define areas for process and service improvement.
- Resolve escalated issues related to high-profile clients, developing effective solutions that facilitate strong satisfaction and retention levels.
- Spearhead improvement initiatives and projects from initial concept through after action reviews.
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive reports and sound recommendations to the executive team.
Director – Contact Center Operations, 2003 – 2005
- Selected for the position based on work performance that demonstrated the qualifications necessary to turnaround Contact Center operations and improve overall efficiency.
- Established metric-based systems for tracking and analyzing performance.
- Drove positive changes that streamlined workflow, improved customer service, and reduced costs.
- Promoted to Vice President with expanded responsibilities managing the Network Operations Center and Billing Department.
GENUITY / GTE-INTERNETWORKING, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1998 – 2003
A company that offers high-speed Internet, networking, and telecommunications services to large corporate and government clients.
Director – Wholesale Sales, 1999 – 2003
- Managed a team of inside sales professionals that generated revenue through wholesale of IP services to the national and international ISP market.
- Devised dynamic strategies for marketing and selling IP transit, Dialinx remote access, VoIP, private line, and ATM / MWS transport services off of Genuity’s OC-192 Backbone.
- Achieved overall departmental goals by successfully driving quota assignments, developing go-to-market plans, and managing channels.
- Tracked and reviewed call and quote metrics to ensure objectives were met and guide improvements.
- Maintained remarkably low customer churn by instilling a strong focus on attention and service.
- Recruited, screened, and hired representatives to form a knowledgeable and skilled team.
- Designed comprehensive training programs that enhanced product knowledge, as well as consultative sales, negotiation, and customer service skills.
- Conducted regular performance reviews and updated employee stack rankings to identify underperformers and create effective development plans.
- Prepared and managed annual expense budgets, earning a reputation for surpassing financial goals.
- Produced detailed and accurate forecasts vital to overall organizational planning.
- Selected as alternate for the Vice President of Network Access on weekly conference calls.
Account Manager, 1998 – 1999
- Performed market research to identify prospects and created tailored approaches to capture new business.
- Leveraged a consultative approach to emphasize the company’s unique support model and value proposition.
- Nurtured relationships with key client executives and decision-makers while ensuring exceptional service that resulted in high satisfaction levels.
- Secured major new domestic and international accounts that included: BBC Online (UK), Sunrise Communications (Switzerland), Teledanmark (Denmark), SingAREN, Cerbernet (UK), VBCnet (UK), Stealth.net, New York Internet, Calyx Internet, and Digital Telemedia.
DATA PLUS, Manitowoc, Wisconsin 1993 – 1996
A full-service firm providing computer network, technical support, repair, website design, and Internet solutions.
- Served as the commercial Account Representative for the design and sale of PC-based local and wide area networks (LAN and WAN).
- Worked with clients to understand their needs, define system requirements, and deliver effective solutions.
- Analyzed and developed network design, e-mail systems, cabling layouts, fault tolerance, disaster recovery plans, servers, routers, subnets, and mass storage systems.
- Establish the first commercial dial-up ISP in Manitowoc and Sheboygan Counties, Wisconsin.
- Installed and configured equipment and software to support ISP operations: BSD OS, Sendmail, DNS Servers, Livingston Routers, Multi-Tech Modem banks.
- Authored commercial Internet and e-commerce pages that aligned with client image and business needs.
- Provided technical support and network maintenance services, troubleshooting and resolving a wide range of issues to foster strong satisfaction levels.
- Coordinated with various distribution channels, such as Ingram-Micro, Merisel, and Tech-Data.
HEISER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1987 – 1993
A large group of retail and rental automotive businesses serving Milwaukee and surrounding areas that consistently earns high praise from customers.
- Directed all aspects of day-to-day operations at four rental locations with a fleet of 250 vehicles.
- Held full responsibility for program development, planning, human resources, training, customer service, marketing, advertising, sales, accounting, collections, quality assurance, and reporting.